Meeting Materials: High-performance products with lightweight materials
The Bond voor Materialenkennis, Automotive NL, M2i and SIM are happy to announce:
Meeting Materials 2014 "High-performance products with lightweight materials"
The goal of this one-day meeting is to discuss the latest developments in high-performance products with lightweight materials. Both industrial experts as well as leading academics will present their findings and products.
Meeting Materials will bring together people from the field of materials in an informal atmosphere. Young materials scientists will have the opportunity to participate in this informative networking event that combines oral presentations and face-to-face interactions.
- 13.30-14.00: Doors open
- 14.00: Opening of Meeting Materials 2014
- 14.00-16.00: Four presentations:
- Tim van Kampen, Technical Director at Ceratec Technical Ceramics on "Technical ceramics, extreme performance"
- Jos Brouwers, Professor at Eindhoven Technical University on "Functional concrete"
- Stijn Donders, Research Project Manager at LMS, A Siemens Business on "Addressing industrial lightweight design challenges with advanced predictive modeling & simulation"
- Joris Degrieck, Professor Composite Materials at Ghent University on "Smart combinations of metals, ceramics and polymers"
- 16.00-16.30: Coffee/tea break with sufficient time for face-to-face interactions
- 16.30-18.30: Four presentations:
- Laurent Morel, Technical Specialist Composite Structures at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding on "Composite experience of a shipyard"
- Arjan Steketee, Motio Development, on "Light-weigth construction for the automotive"
- Bas Slootweg, TenCate Automotive Composites, on "Thermoplastic automotive composites"
- Koen Lau, HAN Automotive, on "Dakar"
- 18.30-19.30: Buffet with sufficient time for face-to-face interactions
- 19.30: Dessert presentation by Arnt Offringa, Director Research at Fokker
- 20.00: Closure of Meeting Materials 2014
Meeting Materials will be held on 27 May 2014 from 14.00h to 20.00h at Automotive NL, Steenovenweg 1 in Helmond, The Netherlands.
- For MSc and PhD students: 30,25 euro (25,00 euro plus 21% VAT) per person
- For members of Bond voor Materialenkennis and AutomotiveNL: 90,75 euro (75,00 euro plus 21% VAT) per person
- For other people: 181,50 euro (150,00 euro plus 21% VAT) per person
Please pay the participation costs due within 8 days after digital registration to bank account NL65RABO0172011507 of Bond voor Materialenkennis with 'MM14 / your name' as reference.