Board of directors
The Board of Directors consists of 14 members, appointed by the General Assembly.
The members of the Board of Directors are appointed for maximum five years. Their mandate can be renewed without limits.
The members of the Board of Directors are proposed by the categories of working members (*):
(*) see 'Membership'
- Category 1: 7 members (companies)
- Category 2: 5 members (universities)
- Category 3: 1 member (Agoria)
- Category 4: 1 member (other knowledge institutions)
Next to the members with voting power, the Flemish Government appoints an observer from Vlaio (no voting power).
The Board of Directors appoints a president out of the category 1 members (companies) and a vice-president from the category 2 members (University Associations).
The Board members are (situation sept. 2019):
- Karin Vercauteren - Agfa Materials: President
- Herman Van der Auweraer - Siemens Industry Software
- Bart Van Der Schueren - Materialise
- Christine Buelens - Metalogic
- Laurence Flamand - GEOxyz
- Sven Vandeputte - Ocas
- Kurt Vandeputte - Umicore
- Marlies Van Bael - Universiteit Hasselt: Vice-President
- Ann Aerts - Universiteit Antwerpen
- Herman Terryn - Universiteit Brussel
- Nele De Belie - Universiteit Gent
- Karel Van Acker - Universiteit Leuven
- Peter Demuynck - Agoria
- Ad interim: Herman Derache (Sirris)
- Annie Renders - VLAIO - Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen