Focus of this SBO project "PhyCIGS" is on:
- Understanding the physics of a Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS) photovoltaic (PV) stack, more specifically the electro-optical properties.
- Only studying CIGS and Transparent Conductive Oxide (TCO) layers.
Objectives of the project:
- Develop a baseline process for a CIGS solar cell stack to provide the SBO projects "absCIGS" and "weTCOat" with feedback about the performance.
- Build technological understanding, to allow an investment in cell integration capability: this should provide feedback to the ICON project "CIGStack".
- Study and understand the interactions between the different layers and annealing conditions on the basis of printing technology for CIGS and TCO layers.
- Development of working cells to provide SBO projects "absCIGS" and "weTCOat" with feedback.
- Unravel the link between material synthesis, ink/paste formulations and post deposition treatment as to obtain the maximal efficient CIGS module and to understand the up scaling issues.