SIM (Strategic Initiative Materials) is a non-profit organization looking to strengthen the competitive position of the materials industry in Flanders. We are looking for a colleague with a passion for material innovation, preferably with knowledge of chemistry and composite materials. In addition to your technical-scientific training, do you have sufficient experience to link your knowledge to valorisation and economic aspects? Are you good at building and maintaining networks? Then this might be the job for you.
You have a university degree (or equivalent) with knowledge of chemistry and/or plastics. Research experience and/or business experience is a plus.
Familiarity with economic valorisation, business development, open innovation, Flemish and European subsidy mechanisms and working out project applications is an added value.
An interest in additional part-time involvement in the concrete implementation of research projects in our high throughput department Flamac is also a plus.
You can express yourself verbally and in writing sufficiently in both Dutch and English.
Your responsibilities as SIM Program Manager
- Leading and following up programs and projects in all their facets: keeping the website up to date; organising and moderating meetings and (network) events; reporting to the steering committee.
- Setting up innovation projects with multiple industrial and/or academic partners and supervising these projects (from brokerage to mediation) in execution of the roadmaps.
- Follow-up of ongoing projects and programs.
- Assisting with the evaluation of project applications.
- Maintaining good contacts with the materials-related industry and with the Flemish knowledge institutions.
- Coordinating and cooperating with other actors in the innovation landscape such as innovation centres, other Flemish and European cluster organisations, …
- Evaluating and realising opportunities for interregional and international cooperation.
The SIM offer
- A remuneration in line with the market
- A pallet of extra-legal benefits
- A challenging and varied job in a flexible environment
If this job description resonates with you and you want to be part of the SIM Flanders team, than apply now for this position and send your motivation letter and CV to (Guido Verhoeven) at (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ‘Vacancy Programme Manager SIM [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line.