M-ERA.NET supports ambitious, transnational R&D projects on materials innovation, with a focus on energy-related applications. A new M-ERA.NET call 2021 is now open with a deadline of 15 June 2021, 12.00 noon. Project proposals should fit within the topics:
- Modelling for materials engineering, processing, properties and durability
- Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- High performance composites
- Functional materials
- New strategies for advanced material-based technologies for health applications
- Materials for additive manufacturing
This call involves 45 funding agencies from 32 countries with an overall budget of more than €60 million, including European co-funding. More information on the participating countries and regions can be found here.
1 million euro from VLAIO
For the funding of the Flemish share of M-ERA.NET projects, VLAIO provides a budget of €1 million. The support channels of the research and development projects will be used for this purpose. The maximum support for Flemish participation in a M-ERA.NET project is limited to EUR 500,000. How do you participate?
- The project leader of the international M-ERA.NET project submits the pre-proposal to M-ERA.NET by June 15, 2021, 12.00 noon.
- As a Flemish participant, you must also submit a digital Flemish application for a research or development project to VLAIO. When doing so, tick ‘international project’ and download the corresponding template. You submit this by the same date of 15 June 2021, 12.00 noon.
Would you like more information? All information and documents can be found on the website.
Are you considering an application? Please contact VLAIO via Paul Schreurs or Elsie Declercq for further information and/or an exploratory meeting. Due to a possible difference in modalities according to the support programmes deployed by the different foreign agencies, foreign partners should also contact their respective foreign funding agency.
In order to obtain VLAIO support within the lines of the instrument “research or development projects” at least one Flemish company has to participate in the Flemish part of the M-ERA.NET project. The Flemish business partner(s) may possibly involve a knowledge institution as a subcontractor or research partner.
When, within the Flemish part of an M-ERA.NET project for which VLAIO support is requested, there is a cooperation between a Flemish company and a Flemish knowledge institution as a research partner of that company, an extra incentive is built in from this year onwards. If none of the Flemish partners (company, knowledge institution) account for more than 70% of the Flemish sub-budget, the cooperation bonus is increased to 15%. This can increase the support percentage to a maximum of 70% for a research project and a maximum of 60% for a development project: https://www.vlaio.be/nl/nieuws/meer-steun-voor-bedrijven-die-met-onderzoekspartner-deelnemen-aan-internationale-call.
In addition, FWO also participates in the M-ERA.NET 2021 call for 100% funded fundamental or strategic basic research at Flemish knowledge institutions.