Submission deadlines: 16 May & 21 November 2023, 12:00 (CEST)
M-ERA.NET supports ambitious, transnational R&D projects on materials innovation. A new M-ERA.NET call 2023 is now open with the deadlines: 16 May 2023, 12.00 noon for the pre-proposal and 21 November 2023, 12.00 noon for the full-proposal.
Project proposals should fit within the following topics:
- Sustainable advanced materials for energy
- Innovative surfaces, coatings, and interfaces
- High performance composites
- Functional materials
- Advanced materials and technologies for health applications
- Next generation materials for advanced electronics
All information and documents can be found via this link.
35 national and regional funding agencies from 28 countries are participating in this call, with a global budget of €30 million. More information on the participating countries and regions can be found here.
1 million euros from VLAIO
For the funding of the Flemish share of M-ERA.NET projects, VLAIO provides a budget of €1 million. The support channels of the research and development projects will be used for this purpose. The maximum support for Flemish participation in an M-ERA.NET project is limited to €500.000. How do you participate?
- The project leader of the international M-ERA.NET project submits the pre-proposal to M-ERA.NET by May 16, 2023, 12.00 noon.
- As a Flemish participant, you must also submit a digital Flemish application for a research or development project to VLAIO. When doing so, tick ‘international project’ and download the corresponding template. You submit this by the same date of 16 May 2023, 12.00 noon.
Would you like more information? Visit the M-ERA.NET page on the VLAIO website for more general information.
Are you and your colleagues considering submitting an application? Please contact VLAIO beforehand via Maarten Rockelé or Elsie Declercq for further information and/or an exploratory meeting. Please urge your foreign partners to also contact their respective foreign funding agency. As the modalities may differ depending on the support programmes deployed by the different foreign agencies.
In order to obtain VLAIO support within the lines of the instrument “research or development projects” at least one Flemish company has to participate in the Flemish part of the M-ERA.NET project. The Flemish business partner(s) may possibly involve a knowledge institution as a subcontractor or research partner.
When, within the Flemish part of an M-ERA.NET project for which VLAIO support is requested, there is a cooperation between a Flemish company and a Flemish knowledge institution as a research partner of that company, an extra incentive is built in. If none of the Flemish partners (company, knowledge institution) account for more than 70% of the Flemish sub-budget, the cooperation bonus is increased to 15%. This can increase the support percentage to a maximum of 70% for a research project and a maximum of 60% for a development project.