User Forum 2017
The 5th SIM User Forum will take place on Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 @ Bluepoint (Berchem).
Don't miss this opportunity to discover new material innovations from the SIM programs and meet up with the materials community in Flanders and beyond!
We aim for maximum interaction with and participation from industry by foreseeing ample networking time in the afternoon and early evening. Come and stroll on the cozy materials market, discuss science & engineering in the poster session, listen to our program managers sharing their vision in the domains of composites, additive manufacturing and printed functionalities. There is plenty of reason for you to be there!
- 12:30 - 13:30 : welcome and registration
- 13:30 - 14:00 : introduction by Guido Verhoeven, General Manager SIM
- 14:00 - 15:40 : topical sessions 1, 2 & 3
- Innovations in structural materials
- Material innovations for energy & electronics
- Material innovations in the circular economy
- 15:40 - 16:30 : poster session with voting for the poster award / networking
- Have a coffee, discuss with our young engineers and scientists, and vote for the best poster!
- 16:30 - 17:30 : topical sessions 4 & 5
- Lightweight Materials
- Additive Manufacturing
- 17:30 - 18:00 : poster award final voting and award presentation
- Your votes have been counted and 5 posters have been nominated. Each nominee gets 5 minutes to present their work, followed by a second, live voting round to select the best poster of the SIM User Forum 2017!
- 18:00 - (...) : materials market with food & drinks - networking event
- Material innovations: SIM and beyond. The programs, projects and related activities concerning new materials R&D share their latest insights and collaborations in a "market setting".
- One-Stop-Shop Materials open for business!
We have room in the Materials Market for also YOUR innovations! --> contact us on email@example.com if you are interested.
Like previous editions, a scientific poster award will be granted during the SIM User Forum. More information can be found here, and in the attached document below.
- When? June 6th, 2017, from 12:30, start event at 13:30, ends around 20:00
- Where? Bluepoint Antwerpen, Filip Williotstraat 9, Berchem
- More information on the venue, accessability, parking and the shuttle service can be found here (also in left hand menu).
The SIM User Forum is free of charge, but registration is required. Click here to register for the SIM User Forum.
A no show fee of 50€ will be charged (in case no notification of absence was provided to the organization).
In parallel to the SIM User Forum 2017, a workshop will take place which is organized by Flamac in the framework of the AceForm project. See the Flamac website for more information and registration. Participants of the AceForm workshop are also welcome to the complete SIM User Forum.