Board of directors
The Board of Directors consists of 13 members, appointed by the General Assembly.
The members of the Board of Directors are appointed for maximum five years. Their mandate can be renewed without limits.
The members of the Board of Directors are proposed by the categories of working members (*):
(*) see 'Membership'
- Category 1: 6 members (companies)
- Category 2: 5 members (universities)
- Category 3: 1 member (Agoria)
- Category 4: 1 member (other knowledge institutions)
Next to the members with voting power, the Flemish Government appoints an observer from Vlaio (no voting power).
The Board of Directors appoints a president out of the category 1 members (companies) and a vice-president from the category 2 members (University Associations).
The Board members are (situation Oct.2018):
- Karin Vercauteren - Agfa Materials: President
- Daniel Decroupet - AGC
- Herman Van der Auweraer - Siemens Industry Software
- Laurence Flamand - Buro Lauwers
- Sven Vandeputte - Ocas
- Sybolt Brouwer - Umicore
- Marlies Van Bael - Universiteit Hasselt: Vice-President
- Ann Aerts - Universiteit Antwerpen
- Herman Terryn - Universiteit Brussel
- Nele De Belie - Universiteit Gent
- Koenraad Debackere - Universiteit Leuven
- Freek Couttenier - Agoria
- Ad interim: Herman Derache (Sirris)
- Annie Renders - Vlaio - Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen